Provide a forum where a diverse range of existing and SME/start-up business people where communication and leadership skills are developed and new ideas are energised on a weekly basis. The aim is to be; a innovation knowledge base, encourage innovation in existing businesses, strong new start-up/SME businesses, and be a conduit for local innovators and technology providers to interact with the business community.
The proposed format;
A 10-15 second introduction (being succinct) each of;
- An idea, or
- Building on a previous idea, or
- An “Ask” (what do you need, services, tech help, mentoring, marketing help etc.), or
- A “Give” (How can you help, as above)
- A short joke (laughter produces endorphins which is a neuro-connector which accelerates memory)
- Impromptu Speaking practice
- A 2 minute elevator pitch, or
- Impromptu speaking practice
- Main Pitch
- A 5 minute pitch with questions from the floor, or
- Practice public speaking
Leave time to network after the event once you have had a chance to hear all the inspiring presenters.
TheToastmasters format provides structure and a huge resource of communication training material.
Toastmasters costs $5 per meeting (to cover general costs) but is free for your first time.
For more information contact theSPACE 0740 152 517